Saturday, June 7, 2008

Baptism

It's been a little crazy around here this week. Ben is doing great. He is such a champion that the difficult thing these days is keeping this guy relaxed and in bed. He wants to do everything; ride his bike, swim and play sports. He can't yet but will be able to soon enough. June 20th we go back to remove the catheter he has in place and check the stoma. The other boys are all fine as well. Eric Daniel is doing well. He had his last baseball game last Saturday and today started piano lessons back up. He enjoys piano and voice but nothing like baseball, I on the other hand, enjoy the 45 minute lessons compared to the 2 1/2 hour ball games.

Anyhow, since my last blog was dedicated to Ben I realized that I skipped over Eric's birthday/baptism. Here he is with Dan in the morning. Life is so crazy with these 4 guys. We have suits hanging in their closet but since I usually buy 4 of exactly the same thing it's sometimes hard to figure out whose is who's. Well that happened that day when I look over at Eric and notice that he did not gel his hair and then notice that he is wearing Peter's suit! I of course reminded myself to stay calm- I had some mousse in the van and maybe no one would notice his short sleeves and the slight floods. The important thing was to stay focused and remember the reason for the celebration. Well, it ended up being a very beautiful and spirit filled day and I even forgot about his hair. The party half of the day went well, despite the fact that the day was balmy and gray at 56 degrees. I had reserved the pavilion outside and had lots of water games planned since it had been about 85 most of the week. Oh well, everyone who came came with a great attitude so we had a fun time despite the weather.




Daniel , Eric and Obispo Emmet. These guys changed so quickly that I didn't even get a picture of them in their baptismal clothes!

A very nice unexpected surprise was that my cousin Rosaura was baptized the same day as Eric! That definitely added to our happiness!