Sunday, July 13, 2008

Skippito Friskito


The entire Brogger family loves books. We are pretty much book junkies; can never get enough of them. Some women are addicted to shoes or handbags, I am addicted to buying children's books. In our home we have a room dedicated to books and the boys have well over 2,500. This post is about a book that we read over and over again. It's been Sam's favorite since he was about 10 months old and he can, in his own way of course, retell any one of them. There are 3 that we own, counting the baby board book "Up and Down". Anyhow I was talking to a friend about favorite books and she had never heard of the Skippy Jon books, I couldn't believe it. I think every family with young children will enjoy these hilarious books. The first one is still my favorite but it's so easy to fall in love with this big-headed-Spanish-speaking siamese cat who thinks he's a chihuahua.

If you haven't read them, check them out- you won't be sorry. I am working on adapting a story for our talent show this year. It's going to be great!