Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Halloween 2008









This Halloween was fun because it was the first year that everyone was old enough to walk on their own and participate in Halloween fun like a big boy. Sam ran up and down the streets singing "It's just Halloween fun" over and over again. His costume was a conglomeration of a bunch of things he found in his toy box and threw togther. He actually had a really cute Woody costume that we bought in late September and had to hide from him so he would stop wearing it so much before Halloween. Well he didn't even want it and concocted his own look. I actually bought the tiny ninja costume at about the same time as Woody but not for Halloween. He is kind of obsessed with the 3 Ninjas trilogy. For those of you blessed to not know what that is, they are really cheesy kid movies about three little brothers who defeat bad guys because they have amazing ninja moves. Anyway, there is a line in the movie where 2 brothers teasing the older one chant "Rocky loves Emily, Rocky loves Emily." Emily lives next door and Rocky has a crush on her. Anyhow, Sam who lives and breathes this movie and performs his ninja skills for us all day, paid me the sweetest compliment when he said "Mommy ,you Emily, me Rocky, otay? That's how much he loves me! So, I bought him a ninja costume so that he can really feel like Rocky.

Anyhow, I digress from Halloween: Eric was the only one who wore what we originally planned. He was obviously Stitch from the Disney movie Lilo & Stitch. Ben wore Peter's costume which was Woody riding Bullseye from Toy Story. Ben was supposed to be Beast from Beauty and the Beast. And I was Belle from the same movie. Despite being excited to wear it, at the last minute he decided the costume was too heavy and itched him too much. I think I'll have throw it on ebay next year because it's too adorable not to wear. It's very similar to stitch, a big plush costume with the head on top.

The face painting pics are from last thursday, I did a live face painting tutorial using no Ben Nye or Kroyalan paints but just regular makeup for a podcast I do once in a while with a friend. I wasn't too happy with my whiskers and it could have been better but both faces were done within the 28 minute time frame of the podcast and with Sam on my lap. Sam was really cooperative for a live show and I thought his face was adorable.