Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Busy Brogger Days!



Ben is so foxy! I know I say that often but he really is. Here he is in Kindergarten doing the Butterfly song. We are learning about life cycles. My mom and Mrs. Salley buy tadpoles, eggs, and insects and caterpillars every year for the classes to watch and learn from.

Because my boys are exposed to this every year with their grandma, Ben can pretty much write a book on the stuff. Like every little boy though, he never grows tired of the process. The best part is that my mom brings all the critters home on the weekends so the boys really enjoy this time of year.



I used to be grossed out by frogs but after doing this every year, I think tadpoles are so cute and love watching their little legs sprout. Am I crazy?


This is Mrs. Salley's Turtle, Myrtle.


This is the coolest thing to have in your class, eggs in incubators hatching into chicks. Aren't they the cutest little things?


Last week Eric turned 9! Holy cow, that is absolutely nuts---I cannot believe that this kid is 9. Anyhow, he got a hamster that he is in love with.



I don't think I'll ever be a rodent fan- kind of creepy if you ask me.


Later that night we had Scouts. We love to multi task around here, so we celebrated Eric's birthday with the Scouts having them assemble their own strawberry shortcakes (learning to make a dessert is a Scout lifeskill elective) After the boys left we gave Eric his gifts. All the boys loved the stuff.